What is Hydrocooling?
Hydrocooling is the process of showering produce with cold water. KOLDTEK manufactures batch type Hydrocoolers, which are designed to provide fast cool-down times, while reducing power consumption due to the extensive use of insulation, saving our customers time and money.
Hydrocooling is used to reduce the temperature of produce that can tolerate being sprayed with water, therefore ensuring no moisture loss.
Features of Koldtek Hydrocoolers
- Designed to cool in very hot ambient conditions.
- Computer monitoring and recording of cycles.
- Stainless steel construction throughout.
- Rapid cooling times.
- Vertical lift roller doors.
- Fully automatic operation from start to finish with push button controls
- Will cool suitable produce faster than conventional coldroom based.
- Very reliable – will not let you down.
- Easy to operate – you can quickly train an employee to manage cooling.
- Superior quality to ensure a high resale value.
- Affordable for all different producers, with options to buy new machines, refurbished machines and also to rent machines.
Produce suitable for hydrocooling
- Brussel sprouts
- Sweet corn
Click here for a more comprehensive list of produce and the cooling format it is best suited-to from postharvest.com.au